Monday, February 14, 2005

The plan deployed

Well I think everyone knows of the plan that I deployed today.
But for histories sake I shall write it down here.

Placed in her bag where two books.
On voltaire candide was taped this quote
"Think where mans glory most begins and ends,
and say my glory was I had such friends."
(William Butler Yeats)

On C.S Lewis The screwtape letters was taped this note)
(this was originally supposed to be part of the note but was removed by me a the last minute)
Beauty Fades
Flowers Wilt
Candy crumbles
But literature last forever
Here are two works that will last forever

(this part was actually on the book)
P.S (The sacrifice to the
hallmark gods are in your mailbox.)



Now the sacrifice to the hallmark gods
one "Objects of Desire" Ballotin 1 lb. (36 pieces) by godiva
was placed in her mailbox with the note

Friendship is like a bank account;
you cannot continue to draw on it
without making a deposit.
- Nicole Beale

Robert
Reading wonder boys

P.S. ( yes I do realize that this violates the idea from finding forester
"the key to a woman's heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected time."
But there is nothing that says that you can't at times accept societies convention to make someone happy.

P.S.S. Yes I know my name appeared nowhere on any of the notes. Well there are two reasons for that. One this was originally part of a much larger plan that ended with me at her door reading poetry. Well when I removed that part I decided to leave my name out of it still because the entire point of the plan was to make her happy. I think that goal was reached at least I hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But there is nothing that says that you can't at times accept societies convention to make someone happy."

Very true. Being happy is more important than anything else. Making someone else happy by using a "cliche" method will almost always work (at least I know it will with me). Very lovely thought.

Anonymous said...

if i ever get married, i hope it's to someone like you.