Thursday, December 02, 2004

romatic adventures

So it seems to be that what I really want to do in life is something that you can not really do anymore.

I want to have adventures explore ancient areas discover new and really wild things. When I look up at the night sky I see thousands of adventures waiting just waiting. All I need is a ship and a group of people with similar goal. Think about what would happen if tomorrow someone invented warp drive. A way of going faster than the speed of light. We have impulse drives in the labs right now. Those have one use in my mind shuttle craft. But we need warp light speed.

What if tomorrow a group of alien diplomats lands on the steps of congress and wants to share everything they have. In return they want are lliterature. They have all the books in there heads they really want some more stories.

I would voulnteer in a second to go up and out there. I want to see the earthrise from the moon. I want to step foot ona naother planet. I want to see other culutures.

I would to point a ship at the second star on the right and go straight on till morning. Start a colony. Discover a utopia.

We know what lies over the nezt hill. But what lies over the next nebula. What happens we you go into a black hole. That would be a hell of a thing.

But the odds of this happening are so low.
odds are I will never get to step foot on another planet.
The moon maybe. I can at least look forward to going into orbit.
Zero g sounds like so much fun.

Robert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Classic reaction of people that are going nowhere in their present social environment. I'll take the chance and see what's out there, maybe they'll like me. Tool.