Wednesday, July 07, 2004

When The Internet Goes Down

What do you do when the internet goes out.
Well today I have to find out.
My dad woke me up with the modem line in his hand.
The dsl system had switched so he need to go pick up a new one at win.net. He would drop of he old one and pick up the new one on the way to a meeting. This of course leaves me with no internet access. Till he gets back. I could use the dial up access but the problem is that I have never configured the dial-up. And all the access number are on the web. I remember one reeding an article on the screen savers when there internet went down. They all did different things. Well i going to document what I shall do on this day with out internet. Or at least till i can get some sort of net connection going.

1:30
Well I am begin with watching the movie "the saint"
2:15
Having seen this movie quite a few time I moved thought the line up
2:17
I landed on an episode of The Next Generation
The episode in which Q's powers get taken away.
Quite a good one I watched it the whole
2:40
I went to the kitchen and eat some potato salad. While watching star trek.
2:50
I returned to my room to finish of the episode
3:00
Since star trek was over I switched back to the saint. I always found the end be the best part.
3:30
Since the saint is over I start cleaning up my hard drive
4:45
I had finished cleaning out the hard drive. So i turned the tv back on and started to watch the invisable man moview
5:00
I remembered that i had yet to watch season 5 of sg-1 on dvd so I watched that till my dad gets home and I get back online.

I learned more about my self in those hours then i had in many years. I truly am addicted to the internet. I am addicted to information itself. I would flip during commercials to a news channel and not know what was going on because I had not logged on to the news sites. I had not click refresh since 3 that morning. I felt lost with out the internet.

When the internet came back on it was if a light inside me that had been put out that morning had suddenly been turned back on.

Robert

Itunes:Light & Day from the album Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind by The Polyphonic Spree

No comments: